Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekly money catch up - Getting PAID!

Never been so excited, actually I probably have been before but daddy's getting straight up PAID.

This week should see my sweet monthly paycheck deposit into my bank account and I already know what i'm gonna do with it!

$500 to my emergency fund (its going to feel so good when it hits the $1k mark!)
$500 to my ING savings (I have a good idea of what i'm saving for now, but i'm going to have to
$1000 to my HECs (yup, its time to start paying down that massive $33k looming in the background!)

The rest i'm not sure what i'll do with. I know that I won't need that much to survive the month and I don't see any big forseeable expenses, but it will be good to know theres a solid buffer in the bank account (apart from the emergency fund). Dave Ramsey would be super proud!

Now I usually look at pfblogs.org for any cool articles, and it used to be full of great stuff. But lately, its been kind of shit. I'll touch on that in a future post. But one of the oustanding favourites has been www.myprettypennies.com where she posts up a 'Weekly money catch up'. So whats it been like for me?

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on alcohol. It was graduate training and we went out on most nights to various bars in the city.
2. Today I am thankful English Breakfast Tea.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was make the most of my graduate training. My firm spends a lot of resources to provide this opportunity for graduates and I wasn't going to let it go to waste!
4. I will consider this week a success if I don't spend anymore money.
5. My signature accessory is my killer good looks. Jokes, its probably a watch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment