Friday, April 1, 2011

Monthly Update - Booya on the right track!

So, another month another net worth update. How did I go this month?

Well check the sidebar, see that line thats going up - thats me!!!

I went pretty awesome this month, increasing my net worth by around $2k which is on target for a positive net worth by the end of this year (my super incredible ultimate goal!)

This month saw me get my first monthly paycheck, which felt extremely weird because i've never had that much cash just chilling in my bank account before. I realised that after awhile the novelty of it wore off so I sent that money everywhere before I spent it all! I threw $1k into my super account, guaranteeing me for a solid co-cont from the lovely government (hopefully the full $1k) and then boosted my emergency fund as well as my savings. They currently sit at around $500 each. So what will the motto of this month be?

Cutting back.

I have been spending quite a bit on the petty cash side, with many of the items being in the red. The fact that I will be going to training for work next week won't help either. Hopefully I can rein in my spending so the damage isn't that significant, but i'm expecting it to hinder my goals somewhat. My plan is to hopefully get all my expenses nearly under my budget again. I've been starting a habit of purchasing things in advance, and then forgetting about them until payments are required. This included tickets to a concert I bought 4 months ago and dinner with friends. Thankfully, I haven't been using my credit card all that much which is always a good sign.

Things are looking rosy, but things can always be improved on. This is a journey thats not going to happen overnight, but the step I took in March is building a solid foundation for the future. BRING IT ON APRIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment