Thursday, February 10, 2011

Visualing goals are the key to success

First of all, big thanks to Chitown from Windy City Blues for hooking me up with the html code - its nice to know that the PF world out there is a friendly place where everyone helps one and another.

Ever since I was little I would always be more successful when I visualised my goals either by writing them down or drawing them. I would always draw things I wanted, or write about things that interested me. This tapered off a bit as I progressed through school where I stifled my creativity in pursuit of higher grades. However during Uni where I rebooted my motivation to achieve academic success I began to write lists down of what I had to prepare for right before exams. This made me see how far along I was with my study and whether or not I was holding up to my expectations.

What does this do with personal finance? Pretty much everything. People use budgets as an indicator of wealth. I plan out the rest of my years finances to achieve my goals. Whether or not I follow through is then up to me. However if I didn't have a visual goal for doing so, I definitely would not be as attuned to my finances as I am nowadays.

The addition of these bars on the side of my blog will allow myself and others to see how far long I am with my progress, and with every little increment to the bar it will further fuel my ambition to achieve the ultimate financial goal - freedom.

1 comment:

  1. You will do great! For some reason, the full charts don't show up in my Explorer browser but they do show up in Firefox. Not sure why.

    I am also a believer in visualizing. I am working on my vision board for 2011 and my goal is to have it complete by the end of the month. Maybe I will post a picture of it when I'm done. =)

    ReplyDelete