Monday, March 28, 2011

Settling in to an awesome habit

4 weeks into my work, and I am loving every moment of it.

The work is great, the people even better but the satisfaction I get from being able to learn new things and demonstrate my ability is what drives me out of bed every morning. The fact that I get paid monthly doesn't even bother me anymore!

I got paid my monthly salary on the 11th and apart from paying off my credit card and depositing a bit into my emergency fund, theres not much i've done since. I am at a crossroads as to where I should allocate money. Currently I have 3 options:-

1. Put $350 into my Superannuation, $1000 towards my HECs and the rest into my Emergency Fund/Savings.
2. Put $1350 into my Super, the rest into savings.
3. Put $1000 into my HECs, the rest into savings.

Right now I would like to throw in the $1350, for peace of mind knowing that i've gotten the super co-cont for 10/11. But that would strip me of necessary funds which could be used as an emergency buffer or used as savings. But right now, all 3 choices would be better than nothing. After all, the iPad 2 was just released last Friday and a friend brought his over and showed how awesome it is. Am I willing to drop $900 on a piece of gadgetry thats going to depreciate super fast? I'd like to think i'm stronger than that, but I have been known to make some whimsical purchases in the past.

As long as I keep my money away from my grubby little hands, I should be fine. Hopefully.

On the cash expenses front, i've been reliable in spending my budgeted amount each week, but its been going towards things that i've underbudgeted for. Alcohol and eating out are in the red, which is something I have to stop. However, its not unreasonable to see it there because I gave myself very ambitious goals of only spending $30 each week on food and even less on alcohol. That amount of money wouldn't even last a night out, maybe I can cut out alcohol which would be tied to my fitness goals. That being said, i've dropped off the bandwagon a lot in terms of fitness. And I mean a lot! But hopefully I will be able to pick it up again with my gym access.

I've also been contact recently to promote a new product thats seeking to increase its awareness in the market. This would obviously be tied with an awesome giveaway which is ridiculous giving the lack of visitors this site has. Perhaps it will bring more traffic? Can't say no to that can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment